Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk...But What About Fruit Punch?


This morning while I was feeding Samuel, Judah needed a refill on his fruit punch. So he got a hold of the pitcher on the counter and managed to spill it...all over the carpet. I was so mad and annoyed. It was really really hard to do as I’ve been asking Judah to do, not act out in sin in my anger. I know I actually blew it, in my attitude and lack of patience with him after the event. I’m still processing it, but the anger is coming somewhat from the fact that its probably not going to come out, so we’ll be living with this big pink spot for years (cause what’s the point in replacing carpet with two young boys and a dog?). I was thinking about that in the moment, that I had the choice to look at this pink spot for years and choose to love and forgive my son (who was really really sorry about the accident) or to continue to stew and be angry that my “stuff” got ruined. I have to be ok with stuff getting ruined, (which is hard for me) I do have two boys, its going to happen. As Jamie said in his text, “Take care of his heart, we can replace the carpet”.

No comments:

Post a Comment