Monday, August 20, 2012

Toy Rotation

The abundance of toys in our house has finally driven me crazy so I finally initiated a toy rotation system, an idea I saw on Pinterest. The hardest part was just doing it, gathering and sorting the toys into sets. It went well once I got started, probably because I had mostly thought through what I wanted to put together a few days before. I decided not to break up the books yet and will leave out his firetruck for each set as well. The rotations are:
  1. Guitar, piano, Mega Blocks, wagon, Cabbage Patch doll, bus with little people, tool bag, hardhats, two puzzles, stuffed monkey, remote control, black tablet, cell phone, hole-y ball, tractors, and Ikea cars.
  2. Race track, plastic race cars, construction trucks, train, ring stacker, wooden blocks, drum set, soccer ball, stuffed dinosaur and penguin, Melissa and Dug puzzle, laptop, cell phone, and play badge.
  3. Plastic trucks, metal race cars, tractor and animals, stuffed aligator and bear, Duplo blocks, xylophone, drawing pad, number puzzle, Lego fireman set, Ikea ball, plastic cell phone, wood ferry boat, and Melissa and Doug pounding bench.
I ended up storing the extra two sets in the plastic bins in the changing table that I already had! I had to move out the diaper/wipe supplies and bedding, but it all fit nicely into the baskets in the baker’s rack next to the changing table.

 

P81P82P80

No comments:

Post a Comment