Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Judah Joins God's Family

January 28, 2016
We hadn't gone to BSF that morning because I was still not feeling very well. Judah, Samuel, and I were sitting at the table having lunch and for some reason Judah started talking about God's punishment for bad guys (something I'm sure he's learning in BSF as we study Revelation). He was astonished when I said we were all bad guys and Jesus is the only good guy. We talked about how Jesus lived perfectly and died on the cross to take God's punishment for our sin. I asked if he wanted to pray to be part of God's family and he did. So we prayed the sinners prayer and that was that. It was all very simple and straightforward. I was astonished that it was so simple and just happened over lunch one day. What a huge privilege to be apart of this moment in his life.

We then had a good discussion about God's love. Judah has asked a few times about if he could ever do anythgin so bad that we wouldn't love him anymore. This has been a good opportunity to share that we love him no matter what he does, the same way that God loves us. I was able to share with him a verse I had just read for my BSF lesson that applied perfectly:

Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

To this Judah says, "wow Mom, I didn't know you knew about the Bible too!". His next theological question was how does God get us to heaven. That one I wasn't quite sure how to respond to. Judah says, "maybe we should ask your Bible Study teacher". 

No comments:

Post a Comment