Monday, November 30, 2015

What do you think makes a good Christian?

I recently had the opportunity to repent and I realized that I am far too "ok" with my sin.  In searching my heart after being convicted, I can honestly say I was more bothered by the fact that my inflated and prideful self-image of being "a good Christian" was no longer applicable in light of recent decisions. How sad. Thank you Lord, for a huge dose of humility (even in sinful circumstance) and good riddance to the idea that my performance merits salvation or defines me as 'a good  Christian'. May my heart say of you, I will seek Your face, and may the bones that you have broken rejoice. 

Psalms 51:8-12 (ESV)
 
Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones that you have broken rejoice.
Hide your face from my sins,
and blot out all my iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from your presence,
and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and uphold me with a willing spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment